Shuttle Bus Service
The Estates Office operates shuttle bus service for students to travel among various campuses and offices. The service is restricted to HKU students and staff only, thus passengers are required to present their student/staff cards for identification purpose.
- Normal hours:
- Students: $2 per trip
- Staff: $5 per trip
(free of charge if discharging official duties during 09:00 – 18:00)
- Night service:
- Students and staff: $7 per trip
Methods of Payment
- Octopus card
- Bus tickets – can be purchased at the Finance and Enterprises Office at 1/F Knowles Building
- Monday to Friday
- Public and University Holidays
- When Typhoon Warning Signal No. 8 is issued
- When Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is issued
For enquiry, please call 3917 8010 or 3917 8214.
HKU Shuttle Bus App Now Available
Supported by the Information Technology Services, we are now launching the HKU Shuttle Bus App for both iOS and Android users.
App features include:
- Point to point route searching
- Details of scheduled arrival time
- Bus stop photos
- Bus stop location on Google map
- Shuttle bus real-time location
- Departure time of the shuttle bus from terminal
The App can be downloaded at the QR code below, Google Play (users with Android version 4.0 or above) and iTunes App Store (users with Apple iOS version 8.0 or above).
Mobile App version
For assistance in using the App, please contact ITS Service Desk 3917 0123.
University Bus Service for Second Semester
(January 18 – May 30, 2021)
University Bus Service for Second Semester (January 18 – May 30, 2021)
Bus time-tables for the second Semester will be effective from January 18 to May 30, 2021. Please note the bus terminal at Sassoon Road Campus is the roundabout outside Jockey Club Building for Interdisciplinary Research (BIR) at 5 Sassoon Road. The bus terminal at Main Campus is G/F of Library Extension (behind Main Building). Bus timetables with departure time of each stop will be publicized at bus stops, Estates Office website http://www.estates.hku.hk/shuttle and shuttle bus Apps.
1) Route 1a
- With the relocation of the mail room to K K Leung Building, there is a new bus stop at LG2 of K K Leung Building for the 15:40 trip to Kennedy Town Centre (KTC) via Sai Ying Pun (SYP) Post Office. However, whenever the Post Offices advance their closing hours to 16:00 due to COVID-19, the 15:40 trip will not stop at SYP Post Office. The 10:40 trip will then stop at SYP Post Office and the arrival time at KTC is around 11:05.
2) Route 3
- Two trips at 08:00 and 09:00 will be operated by a hired 28-seater bus.
3) Night Service
- It will be operated with two round trips to and from Main Campus and Stanley Ho Sports Centre (SHSC).
- 19:40 and 22:30 from Main Campus to SHSC
- 20:30 and 22:55 from SHSC to Main Campus (stops at University Hall on request)
- Service is not available in the following periods:
- Feb 5: Early Closure of Sports Facilities
- Feb 11: Lunar New Year’s Eve (PM - University Holiday)
- Feb 12-18: Class Suspension Period for The Lunar New Year
- Mar 8-13: Reading/Field Trip Week
- May 3-29: Revision and Assessment Period
- These four additional trips will be operated by a hired 55-seater coach. The bus fare is $7 per person per trip.
4) Lunar New Year’s Eve, Feb 11 (PM - University Holiday)
- Shuttle Bus Service is not available from 13:00.
For enquiry, please contact us at 3917 8214 or 3917 8010.
Customer Services Unit