Shuttle Bus Service
The Estates Office operates shuttle bus service for students to travel among various campuses and offices. The service is restricted to HKU students and staff only, thus passengers are required to present their student/staff cards for identification purpose.
- Normal hours:
- Students: $2 per trip
- Staff: $5 per trip
(free of charge if discharging official duties during 09:00 – 18:00)
- Night service:
- Students and staff: $7 per trip
Methods of Payment
- Octopus card
- Bus tickets – can be purchased at the Finance and Enterprises Office at 1/F Knowles Building
- Monday to Friday
- Public and University Holidays
- When Typhoon Warning Signal No. 8 is issued
- When Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is issued
For enquiry, please call 3917 8010 or 3917 8214.
HKU Shuttle Bus App Now Available
Supported by the Information Technology Services, we are now launching the HKU Shuttle Bus App for both iOS and Android users.
App features include:
- Point to point route searching
- Details of scheduled arrival time
- Bus stop photos
- Bus stop location on Google map
The App can be downloaded at the QR code below, Google Play (users with Android version 4.0 or above) and iTunes App Store (users with Apple iOS version 8.0 or above).
Mobile App version
Summer Time May 28 – August 31, 2018
University Bus Service for Summer Time May 28 – August 31, 2018
The bus timetables for Summer Time will be in operation on May 28, 2018:
1) For Route 1
- regular bus will run between Main Campus and Sassoon Road Campus every 10th, 50th and 30th minute from 08:10 to 19:05.
2) For Route 2
- regular bus will depart from Sassoon Road Campus every 25th, 05th and 45th minute from 10:25 to 18:40.
3) For Route 3
- regular bus will stop at Knowles Building of Main Campus on request.
4) Route 1a - no change
5) Night Service is not available
Bus timetables with departure time of each stop will be publicized at bus stops, Estates Office website and shuttle bus Apps.
For enquiry, please contact Estates Office at 3917 8010 or 3917 8214.
Customer Services Unit
(revised May 21, 2018)