Shuttle Bus Service
The Estates Office operates shuttle bus service for students to travel among various campuses and offices. The service is restricted to HKU students and staff only, thus passengers are required to present their student/staff cards for identification purpose.
- Normal hours:
- Students: $2 per trip
- Staff: $5 per trip
(free of charge if discharging official duties during 09:00 – 18:00)
- Night service:
- Students and staff: $7 per trip
Methods of Payment
- Octopus card
- Bus tickets – can be purchased at the Finance and Enterprises Office at 1/F Knowles Building
- Monday to Friday
- Public and University Holidays
- When Typhoon Warning Signal No. 8 is issued
- When Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is issued
For enquiry, please call 3917 8010 or 3917 8214.
HKU Shuttle Bus App Now Available
Supported by the Information Technology Services, we are now launching the HKU Shuttle Bus App for both iOS and Android users.
App features include:
- Point to point route searching
- Details of scheduled arrival time
- Bus stop photos
- Bus stop location on Google map
- Shuttle bus real-time location
- Departure time of the shuttle bus from terminal
The App can be downloaded at the QR code below, Google Play (users with Android version 4.0 or above) and iTunes App Store (users with Apple iOS version 8.0 or above).
Mobile App version
For assistance in using the App, please contact ITS Service Desk 3917 0123.
First Semester September 3, 2018 – January 13, 2019
Adjustments of University Bus Service
From September 3, 2018 onward, the shuttle bus terminal of Sassoon Road Campus will be temporarily RELOCATED
FROM: LG1 of Estates Building, No. 10 Sassoon Road
TO: Roundabout outside Jockey Club Building for Interdisciplinary Research (BIR) at 5 Sassoon Road
to facilitate the construction of a new power supply system for the new laboratory/ animal facility at LAU Building.
Some adjustments will also be made for the above change:
1) Route 1
Main Campus to Sassoon Road Campus
- regular bus starts at every 00th and 30th minute from 08:00 to 18:30
- 2 additional buses from Main Campus starts at 08:20 and 09:20
- the last two buses departing at 18:00 and 18:30
- end at Stanley Ho Sports Centre (SHSC)
- stop at Faculty of Medicine Building instead of BIR
Sassoon Road Campus to Main Campus
- regular bus starts every 10th and 40th minute from 08:10 to 18:40
- 2 additional buses from Sassoon Road Campus starts at 08:30 and 09:30
2) Route 2
- regular bus starts every 10th and 40th minute from 10:10 to 18:40 from Sassoon Road Campus (BIR)
3) Night Service between Main Campus and SHSC
- will be operated by a hired 55-seater coach and its fare is $7 per person per trip
Bus timetables will be posted at bus stops, Estates Office website and HKU shuttle bus App – which has been upgraded to be able to track the departure time of the bus and the location of the bus along the route.
For shuttle bus service of Jockey Club Student Village III to Faculty of Medicine Building, please contact the Residential Colleges office at 3917 1419 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
For enquires regarding Route 1, 2 and Night Service, please contact the Customer Services Unit at 3917 8010 or email email@example.com.
Customer Services Unit
August 27, 2018