Shuttle Bus Service
The Estates Office operates shuttle bus service for students to travel among various campuses and offices. The service is restricted to HKU students and staff only, thus passengers are required to present their student/staff cards for identification purpose.
- Normal hours:
- Students: $2 per trip
- Staff: $5 per trip
(free of charge if discharging official duties during 09:00 – 18:00)
- Night service:
- Students and staff: $7 per trip
Methods of Payment
- Octopus card
- Bus tickets – can be purchased at the Finance and Enterprises Office at 1/F Knowles Building
- Monday to Friday
- Public and University Holidays
- When Typhoon Warning Signal No. 8 is issued
- When Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is issued
For enquiry, please call 3917 8010 or 3917 8214.
HKU Shuttle Bus App Now Available
Supported by the Information Technology Services, we are now launching the HKU Shuttle Bus App for both iOS and Android users.
App features include:
- Point to point route searching
- Details of scheduled arrival time
- Bus stop photos
- Bus stop location on Google map
The App can be downloaded at the QR code below, Google Play (users with Android version 4.0 or above) and iTunes App Store (users with Apple iOS version 8.0 or above).
Mobile App version
From January 15, 2018 onwards
University Bus Service for Second Semester January 15 – May 25, 2018
The Committee on Transport, Traffic and Parking has recently reviewed the bus services and the following arrangements will be effective in the Second Semester commencing January 15, 2018:
- Bus timetables with departure time of each stop will be publicised at bus stops, Estates Office website and shuttle bus Apps.
- For Route 1
- regular bus will run between Main Campus and Sassoon Road campus every 10th and 40th minute from 08:10 to 18:40.
- two additional buses will depart from Main Campus at 08:20 and 09:20.
- the last two trips departing at 18:10 and 18:40 will end at Stanley Ho Sports Centre (SHSC) after stopping at Faculty of Medicine Building.
- For Route 2, regular bus will depart from Sassoon Road Campus every 25th and 50th minute from 10:25 to 18:50.
- Night Service will be operated with two round trips to and from Main Campus and SHSC
- 19:40 and 22:30 from Main Campus to SHSC.
- 20:30 and 22:55 from SHSC to Main Campus (stops at University Hall on request).
These four additional trips will be operated by a hired 55-seater coach. The bus fare is $7 per person per trip.
For shuttle bus service to/from JCSV III, please contact the Residential Colleges office at 39171419 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Customer Services Unit