Shuttle Bus Service
The Estates Office operates shuttle bus service for students to travel among various campuses and offices. The service is restricted to HKU students and staff only, thus passengers are required to present their student/staff cards for identification purpose.
- Normal hours:
- Students: $2 per trip
- Staff: $5 per trip
(free of charge if discharging official duties during 09:00 – 18:00)
- Night service:
- Students and staff: $7 per trip
Methods of Payment
- Octopus card
- Bus tickets – can be purchased at the Finance and Enterprises Office at 1/F Knowles Building
- Monday to Friday
- Public and University Holidays
- When Typhoon Warning Signal No. 8 is issued
- When Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is issued
For enquiry, please call 3917 8010 or 3917 8214.
HKU Shuttle Bus App Now Available
Supported by the Information Technology Services, we are now launching the HKU Shuttle Bus App for both iOS and Android users.
App features include:
- Point to point route searching
- Details of scheduled arrival time
- Bus stop photos
- Bus stop location on Google map
- Shuttle bus real-time location
- Departure time of the shuttle bus from terminal
The App can be downloaded at the QR code below, Google Play (users with Android version 4.0 or above) and iTunes App Store (users with Apple iOS version 8.0 or above).
Mobile App version
For assistance in using the App, please contact ITS Service Desk 3917 0123.
Second Semester January 14 – May 25, 2019
University Bus Service for Second Semester January 14 – May 25, 2019
Bus time-tables for the Second Semester will be effective from January 14, 2019. Please note the bus terminal at Sassoon Road Campus will continue be temporarily relocated to the roundabout outside Jockey Club Building for Interdisciplinary Research (BIR) at 5 Sassoon Road.
1) Bus timetables with departure time of each stop will be publicised at bus stops, Estates Office website http://www.estates.hku.hk/shuttle and shuttle bus Apps.
2) After reviewing the bus service on Route 2, the trip time at Cyberport is adjusted to every 20th and 50th minute, from 10:10 to 16:10.
3) Night Service will be operated with two round trips to and from Main Campus and SHSC
- 19:40 and 22:30 from Main Campus to SHSC.
- 20:30 and 22:55 from SHSC to Main Campus (stops at University Hall on request).
These four additional trips will be operated by a hired 55-seater coach. The bus fare is $7 per person per trip.
For shuttle bus service to/from JCSV III, please contact the Residential Colleges office at 3917 1419 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Customer Services Unit
January 8, 2019