Our 24/7 operation is staffed with qualified security guards patrolling. Also, we often collaborate with relevant government departments to organize joint anti-crime operations at HKU. Although our security unit has worked very hard to keep an extremely low crime rate at HKU, you are still reminded to KEEP AN CLOSE EYE on your property and to follow the tips below to prevent your belongings from theft:-
Mobile Phone - mark down your IMEI numbers
For Android Users
Key in *#06# on mobile phone
For Iphone Users
Check the official Apple website for finding the serial number and other information for your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Cable lock for notebook computer
- Apply Security marking labels
- Keep the receipt and/or invoices
- Never leave your belongings unattended anywhere on the campuses
- Most of the crime are committed by the “Opportunist Thief” which implies that many crimes could be prevented
Moreover, you are advised to unplug the USB flash drive from the computer and remove your octopus card from photocopy machine after use to prevent others from appropriating your lost property.
For more information, please check the video below produced by our Campus TV:
Loss / Theft Prevention Episode - Campus TV production
Anti-theft episode - Campus TV production